There are some things that you can only relate to if you live in an apartment or condo in downtown Cleveland. Whether you live in the city or not, I assure you that at least a few of these will make you laugh. Happy Wednesday!
- You are beyond excited for a rolling shopping cart. Oh yes, it is true. I am now the official owner of a rolling cart. And you wouldn’t laugh if you lived downtown, because you would understand the pain of lugging four extremely heavy grocery bags from the parking garage all the way up three flights of stairs.
- You get annoyed when people ask you if it is safe to park on the street. Um, really? Where do you think we live? I promise you, Downtown Cleveland is safe.
- You wake up at 8 a.m. on a Saturday to hear someone playing the bongos as a random parade circles through downtown.
- You walk everywhere. And why wouldn’t you? Everything is so close. Most of the bars and restaurants are within a few blocks of one another and there is no reason to venture outside of downtown because we have some great options at our disposal.
- You never have to worry about finding a parking spot. Already living downtown means not having to circle the block endlessly waiting for someone to give up a meter. You can avoid all that aggravation and walk wherever you are going. I mean you already pay an exorbitant amount of money for your parking spot, might as well reap the benefits.
- You have one of two grassy areas to take your pet. We keep adding green space, but keep ’em coming Cleveland. Our pets are thanking you already!
- You have no shame walking into Paninis on a Saturday night wearing your pajamas because you just want a slice of pizza. Well maybe just a little bit of embarrassment.
- Your wardrobe consists mostly of clothing from the CLE store or Victoria’s Secret, as your shopping options are limited downtown.
- You always suggest that your friends come downtown for happy hour. Or just to visit. And why shouldn’t they? Downtown is hopping and a fabulous place to be these days!
Fellow downtown residents, if you have more to add, please do!